1. Lincoln enjoyed going to plays and concerts, and preferred going alone.
2. Lincoln liked music because you can listen and simply enjoy.
3. Lincoln didn't like to sing.
4. Lincoln liked both poetry and songs.
5. Lincoln didn't know about the artistic ability of music.
6. Lincoln was inspired by music of both love and hate.
7. Lincoln preferred having bands play music rather than himself talking in front of crowds.
8. Lincoln enjoyed comic songs that humored him such as ones about cockroaches.
9. Lincoln especially liked tender and sentimental songs.
10. Lincoln loved talented musicians, and would ask friends to play their instruments.
New Project Marks Lincoln's Visit To Iowa
12 years ago
I enjoy learning the really personal things about Lincoln. I have a certain picture in my mind of him. When I read the facts your class found about Lincoln's love of music and songs that make you laugh, the picture in my mind of him changes a little.
ReplyDelete